|Yarn Thickness for Pattern||Chunky/double DK|
|Garment Type||Cardigans & Jackets|
Level of difficulty: fairly easy to intermediate
This jacket in two sizes uses Double knitting wool, working 2 ends together, for age 2-3. It is loose fitting, with raglan sleeves, a large hood, toggle fastenings and seed stitch edges. A small all-over textured dot in reverse stocking stitch adds interest. For the hood, just trust the instructions and it will work! Please note that this pattern may require additional yarn if not worked in Shetland (the original) as particularly lustre yarns and working in two strands will affect tension and use up the yarn more quickly.
Issued: October, 2012
Customer Reviews (13)
- Downloaded patternReview by Knit
- THANK YOU!! Something free (nice to find a generous soul) and the pattern is adorable I can't wait to make it - it reminds me of PADDINGTON. Will let you know how mine turns out - thanks again (Posted on 16/05/2016)
- Easy Adorable PatternReview by Granknit
Loved this pattern. Changed it slightly to have wider seed stitch sections and only cast off 2 sts on front armhole shaping.
Now making a second dinosaur toggled jacket in a larger size using 6.5mm needles with longer body and arms.
Thank you team for a fabulous pattern for two adorable little men. (Posted on 06/11/2015)
- confusedReview by dragonfly
- Love it, downloaded it, started making it and got stack! Made the back and got a bit confused with fronts. You say to cast on 26sts. Does that include the 5 sts of the band? If it does then while making the welt we lose a stitch (ex. for the 1st row of the welt we should be finishing with a P1 instead we finish with a K1) won't that mess up the pattern? If it doesn't include the 5 sts of the band should we cast on 31 instead of 26? In addition, while doing the welt, do we increase by one st for the fronts as we did with the back? (Posted on 21/09/2015)
- thank you :)Review by Tinsel fairy
- go to where it says Add to cart. slowly move your view to the right and up a bit. there you will see. download (Posted on 30/03/2015)
- childs hooded jacketReview by sally
- what name yarn & color was used on this jacket? (Posted on 21/03/2015)
- Love this patternReview by Kristine
Have just downloaded this pattern and can't wait to get the knitting needle into action. Just wish I'd had this pattern when my daughter in law wanted a jacket with a hood for our grandson.
(Posted on 22/02/2015)
- found pattern thanksReview by keen knitter_2009
- look for where it says quantity 1.tick where it says-tick here for downloadable version.after you have ticked the box-it says,childs hooded jacked free knitting pattern.click where it says free knitting pattern and youre there.ENJOY.keen knitter_2009 (Posted on 16/02/2015)
- child's hooded jacketReview by homeschool-mama
- Have knit this 6 times and each time I make 1, I get asked if I'd consider making another. GREAT pattern :) (Posted on 04/02/2015)
- No downloadReview by Knittykitty
Apparently from iPhone (at least in my experience) you are unable to download free pattern. There is no visible link anywhere on any page that says "Download Free Pattern". Even within the "description" section. I've tried multiple pattern pages. So disappointing.
Blacker Yarns Reply: I am sorry to hear that this does not work from tablets, thank you for pointing this out. We have now added all our free patterns to Ravelry, so you will definately be able to download them there. Simply search for the name of the pattern and select download.
Thank you! (Posted on 06/09/2014)
- It works!Review by Bevelie
- Downloaded fine so you have obviously solved the problems. Will check it is in my ability range then hope to make this for my granddaughter. Many thanks, I think the design is splendid. (Posted on 15/08/2014)
- unable to downloadReview by jane
There is no 'view sample' on my screen. I have a grey brown add to wish list or a share by email. Also an orange add to cart, but that is it. I am using an Ipad, not sure if that makes a difference>
Our reply: sometimes ipads seem to be different: you should find words which say Download free pattern, which will turn orange when you point at them, to open the link on a new page - hope this helps! (Posted on 27/08/2013)
- Child's hooded jacketReview by Mary
There are no 'grey words' "view sample" - this seems to be a fake!!!!
Our reply: not a fake - you just click on the Download Free Pattern grey words - we changed it to make it more obvious! Sorry for any confusion!
(Posted on 22/08/2013)
- Child's Hooded JacketReview by Susan
I would be very happy to write a review IF I could only get the pattern!! I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.
Our response: we have many requests about this! All you do is go to the page, and click on the grey words "View sample" and it will turn orange when your mouse goes over it - click and the pattern will appear in a new window! This is what we say on the instructions .... but it does seem people have problems - please don't hesitate and just use the contact us email and we will send asap! (Posted on 18/01/2013)