This is where we put our very newest yarns and ideas! All yarns are also listed by yarn type or origin, but here you can see the latest ideas in one place. They are normally in 50g balls, unless otherwise described on the Details tab on each individual product page.
Our LATEST additions are JUST IN:
- new Blue-faced Leicester laceweight in natural and three vibrant shades
- storm grey and red (at last!) in Jacob/mohair worsted spun DK
laceweight Blacker Swan yarn in Pale Maiden
Other recent additions include:
- a special edition of woollen spun Blacker Swan chunky yarn with softness and bulk in natural ivory
- Teeswater 4-ply in zingy turquoise, olive, guava pink and natural
- pure natural shades of Rare Breeds of pure Castlemilk Moorit, mid grey North Ronaldsay in DK, Teeswater in a lacy 4-ply, and also the St. Kilda blended pale fawn laceweight made from Boreray, Soay and Shetland wools
-lovely soft worsted spun natural Jacob yarns in white, mid and dark Jacob colours in both DK and 4-ply
-two new dyed shades in Guernsey yarns in slate and navy
-a lovely plum over-dyed DK pure Gotland, along with darker lavender version - great for shadows or double knitting
You will also find two new natural shades in mushroom and dark brown, spun from some of the very few coloured sheep on the Falklands Islands, only available from us as they are not quite as fine as the Swan Inlet white wools. There is also a limited edition of very dark over-dyed brown, called Sea Lion after the visitor to Swan Inlet last year. These shades are available in both DK and 4-ply.
For more detailed information on TENSION/GAUGE, please refer to the 4-ply and finer, DK or Light aran, aran and chunky pages which give data on needles and swatches.